2.20.2015

why i limp

The X-ray waiting room at the Hospital for Special Surgery on the Upper East Side.

Supposed to be space between bones.

Model of partial knee replacement.
People have been hocking me about limping for about five years now, but it wasn't til I came back to New York this fall and started walking a lot that it really hurt bad. So yesterday I went to the orthopaedist, got a shot of cortisone, got fitted for a a nice "unloaded brace," prescribed physical therapy and recommended for a partial knee replacement. Apparently my right leg is 6 percent off true, and I am bowlegged. Fortunately I thought to record what the surgeon said, since I only saw Himself for about five minutes.

5 comments:

otra rubia said...

I see a full recovery in your near future. Admitting you have a problem is the first, ahem, step.

otra rubi said...

P.S. I'm excited for you. Partial sounds so much better than full.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

love the photo from the waiting room...wow you don't need any help in the vision dept!

Dianne said...

I thought you'd already had a knee replacement?

Claudia said...

No Dianne! Next year!